cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been with o2 more or less 10 years, I have enjoyed o2 till October last month and I even bought an other contract.
I had few soft ware issue with my Samsung galaxy s6 edge. I reset device but I was still having trouble with using apps and interent as device was freezing. on 31st October
I took my phone to o2 shop in swindon high street and explain everything to the chap I think his name was Nathan (not sure sorry). I also explained that there is a crack on the screen which doesn't need to be changed all I need is phone software to be checked.I also explained that I am going to abroad on 6th november and I need phone by then. Gentleman said it normally take 3 to 5 days and it should arrive back on Friday. I was happy with it as my flight was on Saturday. I heard nothing back from o2 till Thursday and started panicking. I kept on calling all Thursday to the number of high street shops but no answer.  Then I rung 02 repair department it exactly took 47 minutes to speak to a person, once I spoke to the guy he said they can not repair until they receive quote for the screen, I explained him nothing to do with screen and I did explain that I don't want to do anything to screen. Chap I was talking to was really rude and won't listen, at that point I said to him that I want my phone back by Friday,  he said he can not guarantee,  I even offered to pay for postage but no luck and no phone arrived at all and I ended up travelling with no phone which absolutely ruined my trip as I had no way of contacting my family and friends.  I couldn't get any body to pick me up from Airport.

Today I went back to the o2 shop and tried to get phone sent off for repair, I explain all above mentioned to host (joby) who didn't, the seems to bother about it and wanted me to ring to repair center , and still wants me to stay there and wait for 30 minutes joby kept on telling me he is only the host and he can not spend more time on my case as he has other customers to see i requested to see the manager but he won't call manager either and started telling me my tone is not good! I was not shouting or doing any tones. Finally store manager Julian arrived he didn't even ask me about problem and started telling me things which he was probably told by joby. The moment I tried to talk he started rolling his eyes which I found very disregard and very unprofessional.

I am in customer service for a very long time and I do look after my regular , loyal and old guests. I have not seen such a bad services from anyone in my life.
Is that how you guys treat your loyal customers? Your swindon branch doesn't even answer the phone calls.
I hope my complaint will be investigated quickly. Please let me know to how are you going to resolved my phone issue? I hope it will be resolved and compensate within o2 .
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous

Complaints is on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You are not talking to o2 here, this is a customer forum not CS.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thing is, I'm sure I've read that if there's any other faults like a cracked screen on a faulty phone, that the repairs ppl want that fixed before even investigating further? I guess I can understand that, as if there's obvious damage to the screen, that could quite easily be the cause of the other faults.

Anyhoo, the advice is correct we're not customer service but customers like yourself. If you're dissatisfied you need to initiate a formal complaint from the link given above.

Edited to add a mention @Anonymous as the op needs to come back to read the info about us not being CS.

Message 3 of 24

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
How many mentions are required wink
It is true that cracked screens must be replaced at customers expense before any warranty repairs but it seems this has been explained already to the op by o2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes as I can understand it has been explained but the OP has declined the screen repair which means they won't be able to do anything else
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Yes, that's correct unless the op chooses to go elsewhere to get phone repaired.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing that the OP will follow this route then 

Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Most likely.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 24

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest the store manager should have explained that they would not touch a phone with a cracked screen, understandable if the phone has to be opened up with the highest possibility of that crack worsening and the display suffering issues.

I wonder why the store didn't offer a loan phone? Maybe it was a franchise store that don't operate the scheme....

Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest the store manager should have explained that they would not touch a phone with a cracked screen, understandable if the phone has to be opened up with the highest possibility of that crack worsening and the display suffering issues.

I totally agree with that ^^^^^. There are varying 'levels' of cracked screen..and people can manage to use their phones quite successfully without having the screen replaced (particularly if cost is a factor)

If @Anonymous stated at the outset he didn't want a new screen then he should have been told instore that O2 would not accept it for repair.

The choice would have been clear and the op could've made alternative arrangements before their trip abroad..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24