cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAP and MMS settings, please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought a new phone after spending years with very basic ones (I have a history of breaking things and don't really trust myself with decent ones yet)

Bought one that was locked to tesco, got it unlocked and then found out that 02 don't have the settings for it. Typical.

I've looked at a few other forums and nothing has worked so far, it is a samsung C3530. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Btw I am useless with technology, please help!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Text ACTIVE to 2020 as it uses the O2 network. This will send you the configurations for your handset. If it's an iPhone then use 1010 (sorry, I realise you don't have an iPhone. This was just my text book answer).

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I can see no reason why the settings would not work. Presuming this is a Pay as You Go contract.
Message 4 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Forget to say, after you install the settings. Restart your phone for the settings to be fully initialised.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
they dont work because 02 dont have the settings, they dont support this handset. They sent the nearest settings they could find but these did not work
Message 6 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I would arrange an exchange then as it seems your phone is not fit for purpose.
Message 7 of 10

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Make sure you have opened your browser and found options / settings / advance and set your browser to use your new manually installed settings as the default.

You should be able to get most devices running with just the apn, username and password (payandgo.o2.co.uk payandgo password).

If you are still having issues, just book an appointment with your local O2 guru, I am sure they will be able to get you up and running.

Good luck and hopefully you will be up and running shortly.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I must ask why over the last 3 firmware upgrades on my sony experia z3 my mms stopped working i went to an 02 shop they sorted out then the second firmwaire update for phone and stopped again i sorted it out by texting 2020 active now working again.

does this mean this will keep happening 

never had to do this before come on 02 fix this not good when phone says mms messege to download then error can not download messege.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
On Xperia all you have to do is download network settings from the network menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10