cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLOCKING MY PHONE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have closed my 02 account but have an old o2 phone which i wish to unlock. Just tried using o2 online phone unlocking service but when I enter IMEI code as instructed it says its not valid? I retrieved the code from my phone by typing *#06#. Any advice please?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to latch the imei to your phone number so it depends if you've been using the phone recently or not.

Other avenues are get a Payg sim and put £20 on it. £15 unlock fee and £5 to make calls. Make a few chargeable calls and then fill out the form.

Or ask a friend on O2 to put their sim in the phone , make a few calls and they request the unlock. Assuming their SIM card is the right size or use an adapter lit available from O2 shops.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to latch the imei to your phone number so it depends if you've been using the phone recently or not.

Other avenues are get a Payg sim and put £20 on it. £15 unlock fee and £5 to make calls. Make a few chargeable calls and then fill out the form.

Or ask a friend on O2 to put their sim in the phone , make a few calls and they request the unlock. Assuming their SIM card is the right size or use an adapter lit available from O2 shops.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you entering the IMEI number correctly?

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried it 4 times now Adrianna, double checked the code each time as I am a little hungover slight_smile but it is right honest!!
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bandofbrothers, not used the phone in months as switched to another supplier in the summer....will that effect things?
Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll need to use it again on O2 PAYG and follow the advice above. The IMEI is no longer on O2's database so they can't confirm it exists at the moment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok cheers M15 will do! Thanks everybody!
Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Take care.
Message 9 of 9