cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO ACQUIRE UNLOCK CODE FROM O2 FOR MY PHONE

Anonymous
Not applicable

A while back I completed the online form requesting the unlock code for my phone; this was the reply I received;

"We are really sorry that we have not provided you with the network unlatching code you requested.  

As per our findings,the handset was not bought from O2 directly due to which we are unable to find the details in our database.

In order to further investigate, Could you please confirm the Original purchase order number and original mobile phone number so that we can check from where exactly the handset was bought. Because if we gives you an unlatching code and the handset is non O2, the unlatching code provided may not work which may lead to codes supplied not working or locking your phone. Also if its an non o2 handset, you need to approach the supplier for the unlatching code who in turn will provide the code for unlocking the phone.

Kind Regards,

Back Office Support"

Today, after much searching I replyed to the email with the data as requested. This was the reply:

Hello

Thanks for your email.

Sorry - as you've not contacted us through our website, we'll not be able to reply to your email. Just to let you know we're due to shut down out email help service within the next few weeks.

For instant help, speak to us on Live Chat, where we'll try to solve your issue straight away.

If you're online between 7am and 11pm just on the link below to start chatting.

https://link.liveperson.net/click?siteId=63960994&key=9A1AA35E1021DF82

Or, if you're reading this on your smartphone, start a chat between 7am and 11pm by clocking on the link below:

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

We've put lots of answers to your frequently asked questions online. Why not visit our online help centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help 

You can also find help, share tips and chat on our Community:

http://www.community.o2.co.uk/

Did you know you can manage your account online at MyO2? Just click:

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

With MyO2, you can view your bill, check your recent charges and allowances, add data bolt ons, or see when your upgrade is due.

If your phone's been lost or stolen give us a ring on 08444 909 0202, so that we can stop any unauthorised use.

Thanks

Aplogies for the wordiness of this post but as you can see most of it is O2's support advice.

My big question is how do I get the code from O2 when they are unable to source it. By the way I cannot use 202 to speak with someone as I have no network coverage and TuGo times out!!

Regards

p.s. O2 have changed some of the text due to invalid html links?!?!?

Message 1 of 46
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Go somewhere where you can access the network and call O2 on 202. It's a mobile phone. Be mobile with it. If you can't use your phone, put your sim in a different phone. You could also try Live Chat, but they can be unreliable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Go somewhere where you can access the network and call O2 on 202. It's a mobile phone. Be mobile with it. If you can't use your phone, put your sim in a different phone. You could also try Live Chat, but they can be unreliable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is it a contract phone or PAYG?
Have you or are you using it on the O2 network in the UK?
Where and when did you buy the phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am mobile, nearesr reliable signal is at least 10 miles for my front door, but why should I pay extra (in fuel etc etc) in order to access the network from my phone which is working perfectly thank you.

Live chat is offline right now and most times....

P.S. The network used to be better as in I had signal on the left hand side of the mantle piece, but this has dissapeared now.

Message 4 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Monthly contract on O2 from the beginning, only got 4 months of 2 year contaract left and in UK.

Message 5 of 46

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am mobile, nearesr reliable signal is at least 10 miles for my front door, but why should I pay extra (in fuel etc etc) in order to access the network from my phone which is working perfectly thank you.

Live chat is offline right now and most times....

P.S. The network used to be better as in I had signal on the left hand side of the mantle piece, but this has dissapeared now.

Why are you using the O2 network if you're ten miles from a good signal? Were you living somewhere else when you took out the contract? If you don't want to drive to where you can get a good signal, I don't know what else to tell you. Sad

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Monthly contract on O2 from the beginning, only got 4 months of 2 year contract left and in UK.

I can only assume you entered some details incorrectly on the form.

Passwords are the most common fail followed by not specifying exactly your tariff name.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo! Hoo! Got through on live chat with Harrold, he was very helpful, and now I wait for 7 days.... let's hope I get the code then YaY!

Message 8 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck, hope live chat will get star this time for solution.
Message 9 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issue with O2 at the moment and have received axactly the same emails as you did. My phone is a replacement provided by O2 insurance.

Having had no luck with the online form for unlocking I rang 202 and a helpful sounding guy said there was no reason why an unlock code couldn't be provided as the imei number of my replacement phone was recorded on my account. He said he would submit a form on my behalf and it should be ok, maybe take up to 7 days but hopefully less. I have now received this email - again !!!!

Dear O2 Customer,

We are really sorry that we have not provided you with the network 
unlatching code you requested.

As per our findings,the handset was not bought from O2 directly due to 
which we are unable to find the details in our database.

In order to further investigate, Could you please confirm the Original 
purchase order number and original mobile phone number so that we can 
check from where exactly the handset was bought. Because if we gives you
an unlatching code and the handset is non O2, the unlatching code 
provided may not work which may lead to codes supplied not working or 
locking your phone. Also if its an non o2 handset, you need to approach 
the supplier for the unlatching code who in turn will provide the code 
for unlocking the phone.

Kind Regards
Back Office Support
Message 10 of 46