cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TuGo unreliable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, does anyone else have a problem with this App or is it just picking on me? I live in the sticks and mobile phone signals just do not exist out here so I have been using an O2 Boost Box for some years. Having changed employers that has now gone - apparently only available to business users but you can buy them on Ebay. So, I downloaded the TuGo app (a story of pain in itself) and thought all would be good. I have to say I find it cumbersom and hit or miss if it will work. The phone rings, I answer it, speak and then it is pure luck if the conversation lasts more than a few words. Have I misssed something?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Try deleting the app, reboot phone and reinstall it - it's usually good on android.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Anonymous If you do a search on the forum you will find that the app has its problems. You are not alone. It's a work in progress, and probably always will be.

Bear in mind that boost boxes are for business customers only, and even though they're available on eBay, they're illegal to use if you're not a business customer, and can have detrimental effects on entire areas if used improperly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Official o2 boxes aren't actually illegal, but they're no use as o2 won't connect your line to one to use it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for the suggestion, I will try it

Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I stand corrected, but if you were able to get an official O2 box on eBay and tried to hook it up yourself, that would be illegal, wouldn't it, or is that just not possible?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Just not possible - o2 need to link it with your number which they're very unlikely to do.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I think the OFCOM licence is supplier specific, so O2 have a licence to supply and operate but whether the eBay seller has a licence would need to be verified.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am starting to understand the limitations of the App but in fairness it is being "sold" as the solution for poor reception areas and I have this thing about products doing what the seller says it will do.

Boost Box - little confused here, how can they be improperly used? All the phone numbers to be used have to be registered to that box by O2 so they can only work with O2 permission and I think it is limited to 6 numbers which are not differentiated between Business or Personal numbers.

I understand "Signal Repeaters" are illegal but surely the question of Boost Boxes being restricted to business users is an O2 business decision?

The real solution however, is to give us decent mobile signal coverage.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
O2 will, in some cases, connect a normal consumer number to a boostbox.
If you still have one and have been using it for a while, you may have a good case to continue using it.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 13