Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from old phone.

Mike2510
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just moved from 3 to o2 and got a new phone (A52). Set everything up and transfered everything from my old phone to new (also took my old number with me). When i checked my texts, some looked fine, others had seperated themselves into two conversations, with my texts in one convo and the contacts in another, on top of that, if i try and text from those convos, the message just fails everytime, i then deleted both convos and tried a completely new text from contacts and it also failed. I have also found that some contacts are receiving my texts with the phones new number attached instead of my old one and yet other contacts are receiving them with my old number......all very confusing???????

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Mike2510 

You need to go into your settings> phone> and change the number (if there is a pencil icon next to it. Save the settings and reboot the phone. 

Also look at this guide Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

#Edited to add...if you still have issues, you need to contact O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Mike2510 

You need to go into your settings> phone> and change the number (if there is a pencil icon next to it. Save the settings and reboot the phone. 

Also look at this guide Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

#Edited to add...if you still have issues, you need to contact O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2