cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not received

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this has been covered before but I did search and couldn't find anything similar.

My problem is that occasionally I don't receive texts that people have sent me. I have a HTC Sensation XE phone running android, however I don't know if the issue is phone related or network related.

I have had people text me and then think I'm ignoring them or worse because I don't reply, but the fact is I never received their text. This happens in the UK by the way, not when I'm travelling or anything convoluted like that. I have for example seen on their phone that they sent a text but looking at the thread on my phone the text is simply not there.

As I said it's also intermittent so it's difficult to pin down and not related to texts from a particular person, it happens occasionally and could be texts from anybody that I don't get.

Has anybody experienced this and can anybody give me advice on how to tackle the issue? I haven't called CS or anything yet as I don't know how I could prove it, other than takinh my phone and the person's that txtd me into an o2 shop and showing them the thread on both phones......

Needless to say it's an inconvenience and can also make me seem downright rude!

Any help appreciated.

M.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the 02 Community Forum,

Occasionally due to network congestion texts can be a little delayed and I'm sure occasionally some could be lost.

Some phones have the ability to block calls and texts so it may be worth checking your own phone out for this spec.

If this continues then check out your account with 02 Customer Services on 202 for Contract Customers {free call} or 4445 for Payg {£0.25 per call} just to ensure your account is in good order.

Finally perhaps changing your sim card by picking up a blank one from your 02 high-street store, and performing a sim swap in store or at home by visiting this link http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

A sim swap takes around 2 hours to 24 hours to fully re activate your services and turning off and on your phone throughout this process will help to re activate the services.

Hope things improve for you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the 02 Community Forum,

Occasionally due to network congestion texts can be a little delayed and I'm sure occasionally some could be lost.

Some phones have the ability to block calls and texts so it may be worth checking your own phone out for this spec.

If this continues then check out your account with 02 Customer Services on 202 for Contract Customers {free call} or 4445 for Payg {£0.25 per call} just to ensure your account is in good order.

Finally perhaps changing your sim card by picking up a blank one from your 02 high-street store, and performing a sim swap in store or at home by visiting this link http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

A sim swap takes around 2 hours to 24 hours to fully re activate your services and turning off and on your phone throughout this process will help to re activate the services.

Hope things improve for you.

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You could also try the following:

Manual network selection:

Forcing your mobile to logon to a different network, then back to O2 refreshes your mobile's connection to the O2 network and helps push through undelivered messages. To perform a manual network selection, in the 'Network Selection' settings of your mobile select 'manual'. Your mobile will search for available networks. Select Vodafone and you will receive an error message similar to 'Connection Failed'. Repeat this again, but select O2 and you will receive a 'Success' message or something similar.

Provided there are no network faults in your area and your mobile/SIM are not faulty, any undelivered SMS will come to your mobile within a few minutes (for information on how to do this, check your user guide).

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, thanks for your replies bandofbrothers and jonsie, sorry I haven't posted before now but I've been very busy, I didn't want you to think I'm ungrateful or anything, I will be following up your suggestions, especially logging on to a different network and back to O2 to 'reset' the connection and if that doesn't work maybe the SIM swap. I'm more inclined to think it's the SIM or hpone, though I haven't blocked anyone, as one person has delivery reports enabled and has shown me the report saying the txt message was delivered, though of course it never appeared on my phone! Your help has been much appreciated, thanks again.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries and your most welcome.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions