Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering?

Woody53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m swapping to O2 from Three in a couple of days. I will be on the 100GB/unlimited minutes tariff on a contract.

With Three, I could tether a laptop to my phone while roaming in the EU. The data was limited to 15GB/month, the same as when using the phone direct.

Checking the O2 T&Cs, it isn’t clear what the situation is regarding roaming and tethering. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Woody53 

O2 allow you to use all your data (unless unlimited) on monthly contracts in the EU.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Woody53 

You just need to avoid using large volumes of data.

I have tethered abroad before for general surfing, but I would not recommend streaming services.

You must not establish, install or use a gateway device or SIM box without our prior written consent (including devices tethered via cable, Bluetooth or wifi, to a computer or the internet, when used for making large volumes of calls or sending large volumes of texts). We can withhold our consent for this activity at our absolute discretion.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Woody53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I have used small amounts of data in the Republic of Ireland and Spain without an issue tethering on Three, fingers crossed it will be OK on O2. Three allow data use up to 15GB per month while roaming, with no differentiation between tethered or direct data use.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Woody53 

O2 allow you to use all your data (unless unlimited) on monthly contracts in the EU.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4