cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Go: Voice Calls Not Available

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using TU Go successfully for about a month - which is great as I have no O2 phone signal at home (Even here in the capital city, gripe, gripe, but that's another matter...).

Suddenly I can't make or receive phone calls or texts with it any more...

About the time the problem started I did become logged out somehow but logged back. The settings seem to show I'm logged in and that all is well but when I try making any calls I get this:-

"Voice calls not avalable

Voice calls are only enabled for Wi-Fi connection.

Please check your settings or your connection."

Neither can I receive calls. Callers hear "Welcome to the O2 messaging service..." and I immediately get a Missed call notification on my TU Go Timeline.

If I try texting I get:-

"No network connection

Please check your settings and try again when you are connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot or a valid mobile data network."

As mentioned I can't see anything wrong in the settings and my Wi-Fi connection is fine for everything else on the phone - including the Missed call notification.

I am running TU Go v.2.40.2 on Android 5.1 on a Doogee X5.

Can anyone shed any light on my problem and what I can do to fix it? It's a pain not being able to make or receive calls at home.

Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would uninstall the app, reboot the phone and reinstall. This fixes most issues and you won't lose anything only 10 minutes of your time. If this doesn't fix it you need to contact customer service.

Latest version is v.2.45.3 which is running fine for me.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would uninstall the app, reboot the phone and reinstall. This fixes most issues and you won't lose anything only 10 minutes of your time. If this doesn't fix it you need to contact customer service.

Latest version is v.2.45.3 which is running fine for me.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you enabled the option to make calls over 3g/4g in settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both very much for replying.

Yes, I had tried the 3G/4G approach. It altered the error message I received but sadly didn't fix the problem.

But uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing has done the trick. I just made a call successfully. Not tried texting yet but I'm confident and all now seems well.

It's moved me up to v.2.45.3 - and it kept by timeline intact which I thought I might have lost, so that was good. 🙂

Thanks very much again!

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great news, glad you sorted it. Sometimes after different updates there are confliction issues with previous versions.:smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Glad to hear the delete/reinstall sorted the issue for you! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7