Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Samsung

Basicuser12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my samsung s22 ultra was stolen on Wednesday evening and o2 blocked my sim and phone when I reported it to them. However when I went in store the next day to get a new sim to have my number back, I was told customer service team have lifted the bar from both sim and IMEI. Can someone explain why o2 would lift the bar on IMEI when it’s stolen that basically allow the criminals to benefit from their crime when it should remain blocked?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144448 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Basicuser12 

They don't lift the IMEI bar but there are 2 bars applied to your account which need to be removed.

Guide: O2 BARs 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144448 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Basicuser12 

They don't lift the IMEI bar but there are 2 bars applied to your account which need to be removed.

Guide: O2 BARs 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Basicuser12
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. that’s my understanding as well that the 2 bars are separate but even the o2 staff was surprised when he was told both bars are lifted when my sim got transferred. That’s why I thought I would ask here. Doesn’t make sense to lift both to me.

Message 3 of 3