cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia M won't turn on

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, so I've been having this issue for a couple of days now. It started when the phone started to freeze for no reason. So I contacted someone at the Sony mobile site and they advised a software repair which I did. After the software repair the phone seemed ok....for a few hours. It now won't turn on and is constantly doing a loop of the Sony start up screen and a black screen. I've tried taking the battery out and have left it out all morning. The battery was fully charged. I've tried turning it back on but still nothing. Still only getting the Sony start up screen. Any help or advice would be great.
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145874 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28086 Solutions
SUS no longer exists but would have undoubtedly fixed it for you.
A repair through PCC is the only thing you can try, after that it needs to go in for a repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Hi guess it's back to the manufacturers to be repaired or O2 😞

Edit: I have found this on the sonymobile website and may be worth a try? let us know how u get on! slight_smile

Do this:connect to wall socket,charge for 2 hours and force shutdown: power button+volume up until the phone vibrates 3 times.Repair with SUS:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Message 2 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123832 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

I wonder if @viridis  our Sony expert.... could help here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 20

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You could try a repair by connecting it to PC Companion but I'm sure one of our xperia experts will be able to advise you better so I'll mention @viridis and hope he picks this up soon.

Message 4 of 20

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23371 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3725 Solutions

If your phone is still under warranty, contact Sony directly. O2's repair facility has a less than stellar reputation. If you have to send it in for repair, wherever you send it to make sure you have photographic evidence of the physical condition of the phone before sending it off. Also send it by registered post for it to be signed for on delivery.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123832 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You could try a repair by connecting it to PC Companion but I'm sure one of our xperia experts will be able to advise you better so I'll mention @viridis and hope he picks this up soon.

And snap @jonsie  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123832 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

Just in case you do decide to send it for repair...the dedicated Sony repair site address is here

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I would try another factory repair in case something went wrong and if that fails, send it to sony for repair.
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all. I'm going to try another factory repair 1st to see if that helps.
Message 9 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123832 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you all. I'm going to try another factory repair 1st to see if that helps.

Let us know how you get on please @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 20