Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 47.1.A.12.235 update

JascaDucato
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all.

I am wondering if anybody here has updated their Sony Xperia devices to firmware version 47.1.A.12.235 yet? (I believe that it's only available on XZ Premium, XZ1, or XZ1 Compact.)

Sony has a rather annoying habit of forgetting to publish their changelogs with their updates, and some preliminary research into the upgrade suggests that is has introduced a camera bug that actually prevents the device from taking photos. If this is indeed the case then, obviously, I'm going to avoid upgrading the firmware.

Thanks in advance,

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ok so there are a two reports on XZ1 of users unable to save images to sd after the update. However I suspect clearing camera data should fix that. Even reinserting SD can fix that tbh. I see no issues on xz premium and when I was running that software I had no issues on it.
Myself personally I'd say it's fine and if any issues do occur, a backup and reset would sort it.
But also, it's a small security update so there's probably no harm waiting for another either.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@viridis ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JascaDucatoI'm sure our Sony expert @viridis will be able to advise you on this issue...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Let me check this, I've not heard about a bug such as this tbh, gimmie a minute.
Message 4 of 7

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ok so there are a two reports on XZ1 of users unable to save images to sd after the update. However I suspect clearing camera data should fix that. Even reinserting SD can fix that tbh. I see no issues on xz premium and when I was running that software I had no issues on it.
Myself personally I'd say it's fine and if any issues do occur, a backup and reset would sort it.
But also, it's a small security update so there's probably no harm waiting for another either.
Message 5 of 7

JascaDucato
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you all for the quick replies.

@viridisThanks for looking into it - based on your response, I'll likely go ahead and upgrade as I'd hate receiving the constant prompts to update my software.

Thanks, once again.

Message 6 of 7

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No problem
Message 7 of 7