cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow charging Samsung Galaxy S6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Samsung Galaxy S6 has started charging slowly. It doesn't happen all of the time, but very often I have to remove the cable from the USB port and then plug it back in, sometimes several times. I also go into the battery settings on my phone and turn on and off the fast charging setting. A few months ago, I noticed that my phone would not connect to my laptop, using the same cable. So I took it to an o2 Guru. After much poking around with the USB port on my phone, he said that one of the pins in the port appeared to be bent or damaged. I was advised to send the phone away for repair, but I didn't get round to it. Is it likely the charging problems I am having now are related to the damaged pin? The o2 guru did say it wouldn't cause a problem with charging as that doesn't need all pins in the same way that connecting my phone to a PC would. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It depends which pin was damaged, but yes, it could be the reason.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2