Did you mean: 

Screen issue.

Anno78
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi everyone.

After a short absence due unforseen circumstances (the unexpected death of a close friend, an increase in working hours, and a poor Internet signal), I'm back.  I hope everyone is doing ok and managing in these diffucult times.

Before I sign off I do have a issue that hopefully someone can help me with:

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ 's screen has suddenly become jerky and laggy whilst scrolling with both S Pen and fingers.  I've cleared caches, closed excess tabs and background apps, and altered numerous  other settings, but it's still occurring (the screen even goes back to top whilst scrolling DOWNWARDS).  I've also checked the sensitivity settings and thoroughly cleaned the screen protector.

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas about what is going on, and how it can be fixed?

Take care, and stay safe.

Anno

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Problem solved 🥳

Looks like the lagging issue with the screen is linked to the recent update that happened to the Samsung Internet Browser.  I was using this to access MyO2 and O2 Community as they wouldn't work on Chrome for some reason.

Followed the advice of an instore expert, and everything important (including MyO2 & O2 Community) is now running smoothly on Chrome.  The only onscreen lagging occurs when using the Samsung Internet Browser, everything else is running fine.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Naz2you
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Anno sorry for your loss.

The reason the screen might not respond properly is probably due to a hardware issue maybe the digitiser or screen is faulty would recommend that you go see within a tech repair shop 

Message 2 of 7

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you Naz2you, my friends death was a real shock as she was only 32yrs old.  I still expect her to ring or txt at any moment (can't bring myself to remove her contact details).

As for the issue:  I've just checked for lagging in other areas (GMail, Settings, Chrome, etc), and it's mainly occurring whilst using the Samsung Internet Browser, and occasionally whilst using Chrome.  Everything else is fine, no lagging or jerking, just smooth scrolling with S Pen and fingers.  I'll be close to an o2 shop tomorrow, might ask there.

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

If no joy I've found it's best dealing with Samsung direct, rather that O2 repair service they have a 2 year warranty 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Problem solved 🥳

Looks like the lagging issue with the screen is linked to the recent update that happened to the Samsung Internet Browser.  I was using this to access MyO2 and O2 Community as they wouldn't work on Chrome for some reason.

Followed the advice of an instore expert, and everything important (including MyO2 & O2 Community) is now running smoothly on Chrome.  The only onscreen lagging occurs when using the Samsung Internet Browser, everything else is running fine.

Message 5 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Thank for the Update

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 7

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Discovered a little trick that can help with screen lag or just general slowness when browsing online (caused by buildup of saved cookies etc).

1)  Tap the the 3dots/lines that appear in your browsers top right corner.

2)  Tap Settings.

3)  Tap Privacy and Security.

4)  Tap Clear browsing data.

5)  Now just choose what you want to clear (cookies, browsing data etc...).

Once this is done all you have to do when going back online is to sign back into your account (any sites that you have an account with will also require the same), but any slowness issues should be sorted.

@Anno78 wrote:

Problem solved 🥳

Message 7 of 7