Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

Ajsand
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I contacted 02 when I was scammed. I was advised to text stop but they were unable to cancel 3rd party charges.
After 3 days I have another text telling me to cancel. I will not pay any of these charges and if they refuse I will take them to court. I have seen other messages about the same scam. So 02 clearly shares details without consent.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't O2 you are talking to @Ajsand but we do have community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... You need to follow the advice to stop these charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't O2 you are talking to @Ajsand but we do have community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... You need to follow the advice to stop these charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Also, if you call customer services, you can ask them to block further premium services.

The following bars are available and you need the first 2 applying:

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits (caution with this though as it will block all future ones that customer might want to have, not just one)
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)
  • International Bar (bars calling out from UK)
  • Adult Bar (stops 18+ services access for web)
  • Bar all inbound calls when roaming outside UK
  • Bar all outgoing international calls (blocks calls from UK to overseas)
  • Bothway bar (blocks calls in and out)
  • Chat bar (blocks over 18 chat services)
  • Class 9 bar (block when arrears)
  • GPRS bar (blocks data)
  • IMEI Bar (phone's serial number blocked and blacklisted)
  • Incoming call bar (calls inbound are blocked)
  • Outgoing call bar (calls outbound are blocked)
  • Roaming bar (Can't use phone outside UK)

Currently using:
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ajsand It's very possible that you inadvertently clicked on a link on a social media site like Facebook and you were scammed that way, which would have nothing to do with O2. It happens quite frequently, and you wouldn't be the first that it happened to.

Also, O2 does, unfortunately, set your preferences in your MyO2 to share your information with 'trusted partners' as the default, but you can go into your MyO2 page and change that by clicking on 'manage my details'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4