Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 rejecting calls?

Rondeco
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

My Samsung S9 keeps rejecting all calls from a friend in my contacts, he says it rings once then bleeps twice before cutting off, he can call me ok on WhatsApp.

I've tried deleting him from my contacts and all call history with his number but it's still doing it. Can anybody help?

T.I.A.

Ron

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rondeco wrote:

There's no app setting for reject/blocked lists, I'm using a Samsung S9

Just check this https://www.spark.co.nz/help/mobile/device-help?page=device/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus/topic/device/bloc...

If not blocked it must be a fault on the network so try cleaning your sim and rebooting the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like you've accidentally blocked his number.
You'll need to long press on the number if it appears in your call list and choose unblock or save it again and go into edit the contact to unblock it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A bit weird. My husband had a similar problem in reverse today.

He is with O2, has a S7 Edge and was trying to phone team mates to tell them a match had been cancelled.

Every one of the 8 numbers he called, he got the message 'this number does not exist'....

He had to use my phone, also with O2, to call his team mates. The calls went through with no problem.

Still have no idea why that happened!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just open your phone contacts and go into settings. Have a look at your blocked or auto reject list. His number will probably be in there.

Do the same by opening messages then go into setttings and check reject list.

That way both calls and texts should come through from him.

Message 4 of 13

Rondeco
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I've tried everything you said, checked if I've accidentally blocked him in both calls and messages, deleted him from all contacts and all call history from his number and then saved him as a New Contact but it's still doing the same.

I can't find any auto reject option and if I long press on his number in the call log I just get the option to delete.

Anything else I can try?

Best,

Ron

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Look in the phone app settings for your reject / blocked lists.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Rondeco
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you got the number on your call list?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Rondeco
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes but it's not blocked, I also deleted every trace of it from my phone and saved it again but it's still doing it. It's only just started doing it yesterday, was ok before.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rondeco wrote:

Just check this https://www.spark.co.nz/help/mobile/device-help?page=device/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus/topic/device/bloc...

If not blocked it must be a fault on the network so try cleaning your sim and rebooting the phone.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13