Did you mean: 

Samsung J530F WiFi calling gone after latest O2 firmware OTA

Laird_A
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

Been having issues with a few Samsung J530F's (company) that no longer have the WiFi calling options after having an OTA update to the latest O2 firmware (Android 8.1) J530FXXU3BSA3

All handsets have the O2U csc code. 

WiFi calling is working on the account - My SIM is in a UK SIM FREE Note 9 now and that has the WiFi calling option. O2 CC can only confirm that WiFi calling is on account. They give no information if they have stopped supporting WiFi calling on the J530F (2 years old) or if the Firmware is wrong. 

Anyone else having issues with WiFi calling going from options after OTA update? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Chris_K ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi @Laird_A 

Could you try this for me and let me know if it sorts it please?

- Open your 'Phone' app

- Tap the 'three dots' menu button at the top right hand corner

- Tap on 'Settings'

- Find 'Wi-Fi' calling about two-thirds down and enable it

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 6

Laird_A
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I know how to access the options. My point is that the option is no longer available after the latest OTA update! 

Regards

Matt

Message 4 of 6

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Laird_A wrote:

I know how to access the options. My point is that the option is no longer available after the latest OTA update! 

Thanks @Laird_A - I was wanting to check you were trying to locate the settings via the 'phone app' rather than via the main settings app. We had a minor wifi calling issue last week that has since been resolved, and I think you losing the option after the update is just a coincidence - therefore could you power cycle your phone for me please and let me know if the option returns for you?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 6

Laird_A
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can confirm the handsets still do not work. The SIM cards get WiFi calling in other handsets (just like my SIM card) 

*#1234# 

give the following information 

AP: J530FXXU3BRJ2

CP: J530FXXU3BRJ1

CSC: J530FO2U3BRJ1

As you can see the firmware is O2 firmware, which was working until the last firmware OTA update. Support must have been removed from the software

*edit* handset has just has another OTA update to J530FXXU3BSA3 - again no WiFi calling option. 

As the product is over 2 years old and 'end of life' support with Samsung (other than security updates) i am thinking this is why its been removed. 

Message 6 of 6