Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Unpacked - February 10 @ 3pm

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Being the Samsung fanboy that I am, I spotted that Samsung have recently updated their Unpacked website with some cryptic info as well as what I can only assume is a teaser video for an upcoming event.

Here's the teaser video, which Samsung uploaded with the description:

Ready to break the rules of what’s possible?

The new epic standard of smartphones is almost here, experience it soon.

Interested in knowing more? Register your interest now on our website and if you enter your details by 7 February you could win 1 of 10 Samsung Freestyle Projectors, worth £999!

The Samsung Unpacked event will go live at 3pm, Wednesday 9 February

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

S22?

Most of the internet seems to think so, but until Samsung say anything official, I guess we need to wait and see. If it is though, you due an upgrade or think you'll be interested?

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Shouldn't we wait until a reliable leaker announces something? This seems to be the way the Internet works these days.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 9

Rbarkley82
Level 4: Observant
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Roll on... S22 Ultra seems to be a good upgrade based on leaks but that camera setup on the back has no thought put into it... Lets hope I can upgrade 3 days early from SIMO to preorder it again if the leaks are correct on preorder dates.

Message 6 of 9

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

S20 or note 20 might be a good upgrade path. The cameras and ai have been ramped up a bit. My current handset still does East I need so far.

Message 7 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Shouldn't we wait until a reliable leaker announces something? This seems to be the way the Internet works these days.

Many of them have been active for weeks/months on the leak front - but because I've got a fully branded up account I need to set out a disclaimer that I've got zero insider knowledge and that until Samsung say or show us anything officially, then all these leaks - no matter how convincing - need to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said however, the design shown in the leaked photos doing the rounds of "that" device are growing on me. I prefer the module on the current S21 range but as soon as I put a case on it, I doubt I'm going to be bothered by the new design - if that's what we end up getting.

Main thing for me is I'm overdue an upgrade and I was waiting for what I hoped would have been the Note 21 last year, but instead we got the Z Flip 3 and Z Fold 3 - both unique and bleeding edge tech and design, but just not for me. So... If new hardware does get announced at this Samsung Unpacked event, I'll be at the front of the queue!

Message 8 of 9

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I was being sardonic, apologies. If it is all true then the S22 Ultra and other in the range should be a fantastic upgrade.

For me though, I would consider a Sony xperia pro-i more of an upgrade. Due to the chipset and cameras. 

AI and physical changes are not enough alone to tempt me. I guess with me not being bothered abouts games or social media so much is why it is not as exciting for me. The 5g tech on the exynos 2200 soc is a step up though. 

Message 9 of 9