cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SII software update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I updated the software on my Galaxy SII the battery seems to discharge really quickly. Before the update I would need to charge on average every 3 days now its every day. Functionality of the phone seems different too.... is there anything I can do? Is there any way to remove the current update to take my phone back to what it was?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

It's likely the update hasn't installed cleanly if you've got such an issue, although with all flavours of ICS and JB my S2 battery has always been circa 1 day with moderate use.

I have read that following a big update the cache partition should be wiped - and even a factory reset too. How true this is I don't know but I had a 'funny' removed once after rebuilding my device.

Basics first, perhaps switch off and leave the battery out for 5 mins. Then put the battery back but leave to charge. If no better then wipe the cache (we can tell you how if necessary). And if all else fails a rebuild (data backup essential of course!)

If your S2 isn't locked to O2 then you can use something called Odin to manually flash with a firmware - old or new. Google or we can tell you how as well.

Jonty.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

It's likely the update hasn't installed cleanly if you've got such an issue, although with all flavours of ICS and JB my S2 battery has always been circa 1 day with moderate use.

I have read that following a big update the cache partition should be wiped - and even a factory reset too. How true this is I don't know but I had a 'funny' removed once after rebuilding my device.

Basics first, perhaps switch off and leave the battery out for 5 mins. Then put the battery back but leave to charge. If no better then wipe the cache (we can tell you how if necessary). And if all else fails a rebuild (data backup essential of course!)

If your S2 isn't locked to O2 then you can use something called Odin to manually flash with a firmware - old or new. Google or we can tell you how as well.

Jonty.
Message 2 of 2