cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 not allowing me to leave message on landline answerphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Galaxy S7 won't allow me to leave messages on a landline answerphone - it rings, trips to answerphone and I can hear the message, but it then cuts out before I can leave a message. The other O2 phone in our family (a Note 4) can leave a message on the same answerphone - so it is my phone and not the number I am dialling.

Any ideas, please?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

There is a s7 forum to follow re this 

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/721404-cannot-leave-voicemail-when-calling-other...

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145140 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Does the landline have any call blocking facility at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 10

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/721404-cannot-leave-voicemail-when-calling-other...

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123435 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@chrisymon wrote:

Although that link appears to be discussing other mobiles @chrisymon Whereas the op was talking about leaving answerphone messages on a landline?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Well  this was an issue as I have a s7 edge which had a similar issue, Took it to store which the guru followed the above link which resolved my issue.

I couldnt leave voicemail on bt line! but could leave on virgin cable. 

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. No, there is no call blocking on the line that I'm aware of.

The landline is actually our home number, on Virgin. I'll try the tips from the AndroidCentral link to see if it works and report back...

Message 6 of 10

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

i hope this works for you, but understanding that you are using virgin for your landline not sure if the problem would of been the same as mine. Hopefully they will solve it for you.

If you still encounter this issue call customer service and asked to be transfered over to tech support. They may be able to help a bit more if it is S7 voicemal glitch or network settings.

Message 7 of 10

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome back to the community!

Did you get it fixed? As you know, technical problems are complex, so please, if you keep having issues you need to call customer services so they can help you with a full diagnostics and raise a case to investigate further if needed. Talk to a guru and they should be able to help you!

Hope to see you back Wave

Thanks everyone for the help thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, some of the setting names were not the same but I switched off 4G calling (which looks like it is the same thing) then restarted the phone... and it worked!

Thank you everyone for your help.
Message 9 of 10

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

glad to see you got it fixed and that the community helped you Fantastic

We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 10