cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Locked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

My wife has purchased an EE sim only contract. She wants to use my old Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone however when starting the phone we have the following message. `SIM Network PIN blocked. Enter Sim Network PUK`. The device was originally an O2 handset so i then went in store and asked what code I needed to put in. They sent me towards EE saying that this was their issue as it requested an EE PUK code. My wife received one through the post and this did not work. 

I then called O2 and they said that the phone was locked. They sent me an unlatching request code however this also did not work. This has been going on for nearly two weeks now and I am becoming extremely frustrated as I have been passed from EE,O2 and now Samsung where they say its a network issue. The sim card does work as we have used it in another phone. Samsung were extremely unhelpful bordering on rude,dismissing this issue. I have tried talkingt o o2 and they are adamant that the code is correct and it is a samsung issue. Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Process for unlocking here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
BUT, you are the second person in 2 days with the same issue.
This might be an issue with o2 firmware but either way it's a strange coincidence.
Maybe @Martin-O2 can contact you to help further but please do not keep entering the wrong codes as this will hard lock the phone forever.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, any help will be brilliant as you can imagine it is so frustrating.
Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Please keep us up to date with any progress as the messages the phone is giving you make no sense.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that’s where the confusion is. It says “sim network pin blocked.enter sim network puk” I then enter the unlatching code and it says unsuccessful
Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It shouldn't say PUK at all.
It should say NCK, but my thoughts are that there is an error in the firmware which is preventing the phone from acknowledging the correct code when entered.
As I said earlier, you are the second customer in 2 days with the same issue, but the other person had entered too many codes and potentially hard locked it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Actually, a long shot, but try a factory reset.
Firstly though, remove your Google account from the phone to avoid and FRP problems.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep tried that and still no luck.

Message 8 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous sorry to hear of the difficulties you're having unlocking your phone. I'll send you a private message to get a few details so we can look into this for you. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just endured a nightmare with O2 trying to network unlock my fully paid for Galaxy S6 on O2 business.

O2 provided an unlock code that did not work when I followed the accepted system of non- network sim, put in code when prompted. Hours on phone- even with O2 Guru who went through factory reset then same method etc. Weeks of escalation etc.

Hopefully this will help someone in same situation as I have successfully unlocked phone using a different method.

Back up phone using Samsung Smart Switch to save Apps, settings, contacts, music etc.

Disconnect phone.

REMOVE SIM: DO NOT PUT IN NEW SIM.

Do full Factory reset and follow steps until phone ready.

Go to the dial screen on your phone as if you are going to make a call and press #7465625*638*# Once prompted for code, enter the 8 digit Unlock Code. (no need for Network Sim- use unlock code from O2. In my case this was a code that had not worked vis Sim inserted method)

Should see Unlock successful message as I did.

Connect phone to Smart Switch and restore data.

Celebrate using mucho beer!

I hope it works as it did for me. Looks like some sort of conflict when I went the accepted method of inserting other network card.- so good bypass.

Message 10 of 20