Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20 charger

alyb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm new to this community so excuse if this is a dumb question.  I have just received the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G phone and discovered that the charger has a type-c connector at both ends. It works with the fast charger that comes with it of course but it means I can't plug it into any USB chargers or devices (such as my computer)
The product specification did say it came with a usb-c charger, so before I phone O2 to query this, is that what these are still called despite having no usb connection? 

The accessories on O2's website show a charger with usb connection, but I don't want to have to pay another £25 if this is what I should have received in the first place, according to the product spec.

I assume I can use one of my existing usb-c cables, but don't want to risk damaging the phone or affecting its performance.
This might seem a minor quibble, but its left me with one power socket less, at a time when I have so many blooming devices on charge due to having to work from home for the forseeable future.  Who knew that chargers could make life so stressful! 😉

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@alyb 

USB C is a new standard which is being introduced across all new devices.

You have received the correct items with your order.

Any USB C cable or charger can be used safely but not all will support fast charging.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@alyb 

USB C is a new standard which is being introduced across all new devices.

You have received the correct items with your order.

Any USB C cable or charger can be used safely but not all will support fast charging.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

alyb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for your quick reply.  As long as I can use other charging cables, then that's fine. I'm more concerned about how many sockets i have in use than how fast my phone will charge. 

Its so frustrating that when the the connectors start to get standardised on phones, another change is made - hardly good for the environment when so many cables and charging devices need to be disposed of.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I agree completely.
Let's hope they stay with C for a while as it is much better than the old standard.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4