cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S111minI GT1820

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have complained to o2 about excessive data use over recent months. My phone continually uploads e mails despite them already having been opened. One minute there are no e-mails then 625 and the next time it  connects the 625 counts down and shows no or only a few e-mails. I took my mobile abroad left it in the safe but checked once a day for e-mails. I didnt browse the internet or send e-mails and my billis over £70!! no doubt becaus ethe phone is constantly loading and downloading. O2 say not us ( ha) its your server taht keeps pushing the same e-mails through. My host company say rubbish theyve monitore dan no problem. I agree as the e-mails on my desktop are fine and the problem doesnt exist which points to o2.

I have limits on the maximum e-mails on my phone of 25 so how come it varies between 0 to over 600 !!!     

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123366 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I had a problem with my emails on my Note 3. They stopped coming in for a day or so then all flooded in.

I am with BT Internet. I solved the problems by uninstalling my email account...then re-installing it again.

Turned the phone off and back on ...and it was sorted. It has worked properly since then...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It sounds to be a problem with the setup on the phone and certainly nothing to do with the network. As suggested, uninstall and reinstall or use a different email app.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

You might also want to turn your mobile data off on the phone and only turn it on when you need it. Until you figure out the problem, whether it's with the phone or with your server, it will keep downloading the mails if your data stays on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144980 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It definitely isn't O2's problem. Your phone is polling the email server which is down to the settings on your phone. The network is just providing the data that is being requested by the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5