cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A3 after update can't download. Can't get onto Google Play

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated my Samsung A3 last week, since then I cannot get onto Google Play services.  It says its being updated but this has been days and days.  I've cleared cache and data.

I have a feeling I'll have to reset to factory settings.  can anyone advise please?

Rachel

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it an app that’s updating? If so try uninstalling & reinstalling the app as it will re load with the latest update 

Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its any app, its lots all my google information and it won't let me even go onto the google app it just knocks me out.  I tried to download an app on Google play but it says it can't as "Google Play Servies" are being upated but when I try to go to Google play services it just won't do anything.

Message 3 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you rebooted the phone?
Google play services is what controls all your updates from Google so also try clearing cache and data from that in your app manager.
If you can, delete it and reboot and it should download again automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes I've deleted cache and data.  Is rebooting the same as on and off??? I'm not 100% tech savvy.  I've been trying to find how to delete the google app etc but I'm going round in circles.

Thanks for you time 

Message 5 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Go into the settings and select apps or app manager. Look for Google play services . Open it and force stop and disable. It should ask if you want to replace it. Click yes then after its been replaced open it and sign in again and hopefully that will sort it.

Screenshot_2017-11-25-19-32-35.png

Screenshot_2017-11-25-19-32-53.png

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhh

The Google Play Services app isn't there!!!

Just tried to download it and its still kicking me out

Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's your problem then.
You may need to manually download it for now to get it running again https://www.googleplayservicesapk.com/google-play-service-update-apk-download/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eeeek I'll try!

Thank you for helping me.  

Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just take your time.
You can't make it any worse, lol slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22