cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

KezzaG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone help me. I am trying to unlock my previous phone for my bf to use. He is on EE. 

I have been sent an unlatching code but when I enter it into the phone with the EE sim inserted I receive this message: SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. As I understand it, from this community and elsewhere, I require the master unlocking code, however I have spoken to O2 customer service several times without success. Tonight in fact, I have been told by them I need the PUK code for the EE sim, and when EE were contacted about this they said I need the master unlocking code from O2!! I was then told that when my request is escalated the response would likely be that O2 don't have the code, and I need to get it from EE!!

Who do I speak to about this? It seems like whoever I speak to at O2 doesn't know what they're doing.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @KezzaG 

If you need the MCK code then I'll ask our managers for help @Martin-O2 or @lewys-gp. They are the only people here who can request this. They will be on tomorrow now and will want more info via Private message. 

Pop back tomorrow. Welcome to the forum.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

KezzaG
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I await their questions with interest.

It was suggested to me this evening, when I rang 202 for help, that anyone can post in the community and therefore they are not guaranteed to be experts. Consequently any information provided is not reliable!! 

I can't believe this process is so difficult!! 

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@KezzaG 

We're just members like you so certainly not experts in all things.

However, I suppose years of experience on here, is the reason we know who to ask for MCK codes.

Good luck.   

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KezzaG wrote:

It was suggested to me this evening, when I rang 202 for help, that anyone can post in the community and therefore they are not guaranteed to be experts. Consequently any information provided is not reliable!! 

That's hilarious !!

If only customer service were experts and did half a job, we wouldn't need to be here......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, @Cleoriff 😊.

I will private message you, @KezzaG, for some more details. If you're happy to share, I'll then pass them on to the relevant team at O2. Thanks for posting on the community.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @lewys-gp. x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

KezzaG
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Allowing for weekends and the bank holiday it's been eight working days since I contacted O2 and then here. Is there any update on this? I haven't heard from O2 or Samsung by email (which several O2 customer advisers said I would). 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KezzaG 

The code has to come from Samsung so it all depends on them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, unfortunately, as mentioned in my private message, we're still waiting for the manufacturer to send it over @KezzaG. Sorry about any inconvenience caused.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 10 of 10