Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 edge charging cable

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi I wonder if you can help please. My son has the edge and he has had problems with charging but this morning it looks like the cable has fried next to the connection joint on cable should he get his phone checked over please x

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @RCL

This is not good at all. The phone and the cable need urgent review.....How old is the phone? Is it within the 14 day cooling off period? If so it could be returned to an O2 store for it to be swapped out...

If out of the 14 days then I would contact Samsung directly 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864) 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Edited to add...personally I would be wary about using this phone again until it was checked out. Something very wrong here

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

He got it on release day in April so I'll contact Samsung they are pretty good with turn around as used them for a tablet previously x

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@RCL wrote:

He got it on release day in April so I'll contact Samsung they are pretty good with turn around as used them for a tablet previously x

Samsung are good @RCL particularly with devices/accessories which could prove dangerous. Probably some issue with the cable or charging port....Either way.... it's up to them to advise and possibly replace

Let us know how you get on please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Most phones using fast charge can get warm but something is wrong with it to actually melt the cable. He was using the genuine cable that came with the phone? As said return the phone to Samsung and get it checked over.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
The fast charge unit that comes with the S6 is capable of delivering a regulated 2 amps.
If a non compatible cable or a slightly damaged cable is used the current will burn through very quickly.
I would expect the phone to be fine but worth getting it checked too and make sure you only use a 2 amp rated cable at all times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
It is the original cable with the phone
Samsung are going to replace it and check the phone for me x
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
That's the best thing to do.
Also, when removing the cable from phone, make sure you pull out the plug and not by pulling the cable as this can break wires inside it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Good news @RCL I knew they would be quick..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
They were really good when the battery went on the samsung tab we have it was back within 5 days of sending it so hope fully this will be the same xxx as my son uses it for going backwards and forwards to his hospital appointments xx
Message 10 of 11