cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 Edge, ClearView cover, scratches, unhelpful customer service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

I was the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and purchased the £50 Clear View cover to protect it.  Fast forward a few weeks and I'm now the not-so-proud owner of a sctrached S6 Edge.

I've been all over the internet, and it appears Samsung have acknowledged there's a problem and the advice to their own service centres is to replace the screen and send the handset back with an extra "protective coating" on it (i.e. a screen protector).

I popped in to an o2 store earlier, and it was suggested I go to a Samsung store and speak to them, and told that o2 only replace faulty items for 14 days after purchase... which is... interesting (and completely unacceptable - my contract is with o2, not Samsung, and claiming to refuse replacements or refunds after 14 days is potentially breaching statutory rights)

I've had two attempts at using the online chat here, both of which have mysteriously ended abruptly for no evident reason.

My issue is I have a handset a couple of months old that in combination with the case is clearly not of satisfactory quality.

Anybody else either suffering from this issue and had any luck getting a halfway sensible resolution (one that doesn't try to side-step it by directing you to the manufacturer)?

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Seriously...contact Samsung direct. Don't let o2's repairers anywhere near such a beautiful phone. It will come back with all sorts of other scratches and marks. Samsung support are very good and will sort it for you.

Message 2 of 36

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It is an offer from Samsung directly that they will fix this issue.
You will not get that from anywhere else, regardless of what your interpretation of rights are.
You must contact Samsung http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
This one reason is why I have the flip case and not the clear view cover.
You need, as stated, to got straight to Samsung and speak to them. The thought of this case issue put actual fear into me when I was looking at buying a case.
Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm intrigued by the view that the party responsible for resolution is not o2.... I'd be interested in any elaboration on why that is the case?

Message 5 of 36

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Because Samsung have made an offer and want to directly offer resolution.
Why would you want O2 to be responsible when the manufacturer is offering to replace the affected part?

Message 6 of 36

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm intrigued by the view that the party responsible for resolution is not o2.... I'd be interested in any elaboration on why that is the case?

No struggling to get o2 to accept response and risk a shoddy repair job. Ok o2 may be liable for the repair or replacement but the offer is there from Samsung, no quibble. Ultimately the choice is yours. We have given you good advice. Whether you wish to follow that advice is entirely your choice.

Message 7 of 36

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I think, on Re reading, the op wants a replacement handset and that is not on offer with Samsung. ..
Message 8 of 36

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I think, on Re reading, the op wants a replacement handset and that is not on offer with Samsung. ..

That's not going to happen unless he really pursues this.

Then he is going to have the same issue further down the line.

Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly samsung have admitted there is a problem with the cover causing scratches so communicate soley with Samsung for the repair - it's a samsung problem so let samsung sort it no need for O2 to get involved at all, and to be honest this would only add an extra layer of complication.

Message 10 of 36