cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 - Battery short life

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an S5 about two days ago but the battery seems to have a very short life span. I must have charged it four times already. I was down to 17% earlier and it said I had 1 hour and 20 minutes left in the battery usage. This compared to a guy on Youtube who was also on 17% and had two days left on his! So something is definitely not right.

On the other hand it charges very quickly, this seems like a good thing but I wonder if this might be a sign that there is something wrong with the battery.

Please help!

Thank you.

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you look in the data settings you should be able to see which apps or app is using the most battery power.

Settings / general / usage / battery usage.

Lots of help online for battery saving tips. One here :

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/12-iphone-battery-life-tips-...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

What sort of apps are you running? You need to analyse what apps are consuming this battery power. Facebook is notorious for this as is Amazon (as I have read this morning) Spotify and Instagram

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you look in the data settings you should be able to see which apps or app is using the most battery power.

Settings / general / usage / battery usage.

Lots of help online for battery saving tips. One here :

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/12-iphone-battery-life-tips-...

Message 3 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No way you get 2 days standby from 17% I'm afraid - Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet wink
Battery life depends on usage so you need to look at what you are running, background tasks, emails, push messages, facebook and other social feeds syncing etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
No way you get 2 days standby from 17% I'm afraid - Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet wink
Battery life depends on usage so you need to look at what you are running, background tasks, emails, push messages, facebook and other social feeds syncing etc.....

2 days on 17% that would be impressive & an amazing battery if it were true wink

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your replies. I've been busy force closing all these apps that run in the background and have uninstalled things like Facebook and email, basically anything I can just use manually in the browser. I've reduced the brightness and followed as many as those steps as I could in that article. Spotify I love to use but I will probably go back to using my ipod after the week free premium account offer runs out.

Anyway I will see how I go from here.

Thanks again.:smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Leave the open apps alone as the system will deal with them.
It actually uses more battery if you keep closing them as the system will just reopen them straight away. It also slows the phone down considerably.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah okay. I really shouldn't get my advice from Youtube!

Well actually I'm relieved by that as it seemed a bit of a nonsense waste of time. Cheers.
Message 8 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd like to think that we can do a much better job of advising you mate wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool! Well in that case, what do you know about the battery doctor app, is that something that could help?

Message 10 of 24