Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Screen message

Peterkin1010
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Last December, I purchased a Samsung S21 Ultra 512GB from a reputable dealer

I sold it on eBay last month and everything seemed OK.

Then out of the blue the buyer messaged me  to inform me thar Samsung had sent him a message saying the handset was lost/stolen/not delivered and would shut it off within 24 hrs.

He's sent me a screenshot of it, needless to say I'm somewhat concerned. I sent him a copy of my receipt and did a CheckMend search which came back as clear and also sent that to him.

Is this message from Samsung legit?  

Or is it some sort of boo-boo by Samsung, a scam via his browser, a spoof, a prank, something set off by him using an eSIM ? 

I have phoned Samsung but the operator didn't know anything about it either and told me to wait 72hrs for a reply.. The buyer is having kittens, which to be honest I  can understand.. 

Its the first time I've come across it. 

Thanks very much in anticipation.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Never heard of a message from Samsung saying a phone will be shut down.

If a phone is blacklisted it simply stops working.

Anyway, Samsung would have absolutely no idea what network and what number one of their phones was operating on and the fact it lists all possible scenarios is suspicious 

I'd say scam

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Peterkin1010 If the message the buyer received has told him to call a number or follow a link to resolve the problem it's most likely a scam. You'll just have to wait the 24 hours to see if anything actually does happen and try to deal with it then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Ask him to send you the message so you can check but definitely sounds like a scam to me.

Did it ask him to click a link and update some details @Peterkin1010 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4