Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish o2

Daz650
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
After taking my phone in for a repair because my touch screen stopped working. I'm told it's water damage and I'll have to pay for the repair. I refuse and collect my phone only to find the screen is now full of green and black dots and has a scratch inside the screen with wasn't there before. The phone is 8 months old and trading standards have been called. Not good enough o2
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144488 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Unfortunately, if you search the forum, you will see you are just one of many with similar complaints.
We NEVER advise anyone to use O2 repairers and always advise that photos are taken of the device condition before sending it anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Daz650 If you search the forum you will see that the 'water damage' excuse from O2 Repair has been complained about many many times. We always suggest sending to the manufacturer rather than use O2. Their reputation isn't very good, to say the least.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daz650 O2 repairs are known for stunts like this. We always advise to go to the manufacturer for a repair. Did you take photos of the phones condition before you sent it for repairs? I guess you can try & complain. Resolver gets good results 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 9

Daz650
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There unbelievable I think I'll take my business elsewhere
Message 5 of 9

Daz650
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes got photos and got them to write down the condition also
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144488 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
You'll be golden then mate - they won't have a leg to stand on!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Daz650
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got a good mind to ask for a new phone
Message 8 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would lodge a formal complaint via the resolver website https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/o2-complaints/services?odm=300_1_1&utm_source=O2&utm... it is linked from here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 9