cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced Xperia Z1 with a Lesser Value phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is it right that after I got my Xperia Z1 replaced, (due to its lack of water proofness) I recieved a Z1 Compact, supposedly due to a lack of Z1 in stock.

I signed for the phone at the time, but later realising that the £600 phone I have been and continue to pay off has been replaced with a £379.99 phone, this somehow doesnt seem fair.

I was not informed of this change until I went to collect the swapped phone at store, and considering I was using a loan phone (Nokia 206) I was just glad to join the 21st century again.

Is it right that this can be done, as it feels like Ive been a little hard done by on this

Any advice would be appreciated

Adam

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
You had the right (at the time) to refuse the compact, but as you have now accepted it I'm not sure where you stand.
I would call CS on 202 and discuss your options with them first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
You had the right (at the time) to refuse the compact, but as you have now accepted it I'm not sure where you stand.
I would call CS on 202 and discuss your options with them first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

This sounds absolutely outrageous to me Smiley Mad How can they get away with it?

I can't think of any other item you would buy ..then go to exchange it and be fobbed off with a replacement costing £200 less!

I know the key is, the op signed for it...but seems shady practice to me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
It may have been offered as it was all that was available at the time (we don't know the full details), however, I agree, it should have been of "equal or greater value" to the original purchase.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As I understand they should offer you the same phone or if not available then one of similar specs.

As this does not sound like its the case I would ring them to ask to re choose from a list of ones that are. Do some homework to ensure the one your interested is and also have a play with the working demo model in store so your happy with it.
Message 5 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Isn't the z1 compact similar specs to the z1 with the exception of the screen size? Evil

As there is an obvious difference in price I would ask for the tariff cost to be adjusted accordingly.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

Isn't the z1 compact similar specs to the z1 with the exception of the screen size? Evil

As there is an obvious difference in price I would ask for the tariff cost to be adjusted accordingly.

Yes, pretty much the same phone in a smaller case http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Sony-Xperia-Z1-Compact,Sony-Xperia-Z1/phones/8283,8000

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm confused.

The t&c say ;

"In the event of a successful claim, we will at Our discretion , either repair or replace you're equipment . If replaced it will be a model of a similar specification as detirmined by Us"

Nothing about how much a phone retails for.

So have 02 been fair to the op.
Message 8 of 22

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not in my opinion. Why should they think a phone costing £200 less is an acceptable replacement whlst still expecting the same payment.

Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Not in my opinion. Why should they think a phone costing £200 less is an acceptable replacement whlst still expecting the same payment.

Agree totally @jonsie As I said earlier, it sounds outrageous to me.

You wouldn't buy a diamond ring for £600.. take it back and then be happy with a cubic zirconia replacementSmiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22