cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent LG G3 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Are there any LG G3 owners out there that are experiencing the same issues as myself? My phone was lagging recently so I rebooted and on start up it applied an update (that I didn't know was waiting). Since that little update has applied (was already on lollipop so not sure what the update was) I haven't been able to connect to my router at home. I've rebooted, factory reset but it will not connect! It's like my phone has gone back in time before the internet!! Help! slight_smile
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92920 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you tried the obvious like forgetting the network and rebooting the router? Is it only the home c wifi you have problems with?

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Clear the DNS cache from your router and try it again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - yes to both. It sees my router sometimes, and on the wifi list it just states 'saved' but won't actually connect. Looking further into it on the net it seems to be an ipv6 update and as my router isn't ipv6 compatible it won't connect. Before the update I used to see loads of networks around my house, I barely see any now.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Can you not select ipv4 manually?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5