cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidly draining battery & self start apps running in background on Samsung S3 mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

my battery discharges very quickly and I have to take 2 chargers with me to ensure getting through the day, several apps frequently self start and run in the background even though I have pressed Force Stop in app settings. How can I stop apps self starting? Thanks 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Which apps are giving you the problem? Most run quite happily in the background without affecting the battery too much. It sounds like it could be just one app or even a faulty battery. Does the phone get hot even when not in use?

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

How old is the phone/battery? This happened to my husbands S3.

Problem solved with a new battery. PLEASE make sure it's a genuine Samsung battery if you do get a new one @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes the phone does get hot! My contract is up for renewal in november, so nearly 2 years old.

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, yes the phone does get hot! My contract is up for renewal in november, so nearly 2 years old.

Personally I would think of getting a new Samsung battery. I am certainly not an authority on this and can only speak from personal experience. As I said exactly the same happened to my husband. His problem was resolved when he got a new battery...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks 😀
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Delete any apps that you no longer use.
Backup your photos etc to your pc and do a factory reset.
Almost 2 years worth of temp files and fragmented partitions will cause you problems too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had thought of doing a reset! Will it just be apps I have to reload? Thanks
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It will wipe everything back to how it was when new (except the OS), hence the need to backup everything you want to keep, which you "should" be doing on a regular basis anyway slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Message 10 of 11