cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Galaxy S2

Anonymous
Not applicable

FIRSTLY My phone was new November 2012 but not only is it laden with apps I'll never use, the majority is Irish apps (newspapers and the such-like). I live in the East Midlands! Even more unexpected is that  on 'page 2' (if you see what I mean) I have VODAFONE apps 'appselect', 'music shop', 'my web' and 'updates'!!!!!!!! I don't understand how this can be?

I took on a new number when I had the phone from o2 (i was previously with Vodafone) and am getting the odd text and message for what must have been the previous number-holder.

SECONDLY I am having issues with the screen going blank once a call is made so that if it rings to voicemail I cannot access any of the buttons to end the call and it won't respond to the 'big button' either. Is this a known problem?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone has Irish Vodafone firmware on it !!!

A factory reset will do you no good whatsoever. If this came from O2 in the UK, take it back and ask for a genuine UK O2 phone. If it came from somewhere else you can still reflash with UK firmware but you'll have to do it yourself with a programme called Odin.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It sounds as though you need to do a factory reset on the phone. If you got it from O2 I can't understand why you have Vodaphone bloatware on the phone. Do you get the O2 splashscreen on startup?

Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Dial *#1234# into the keypad and report back on the resuts. This will tell us what fw the phone is running. Did you put a Voda SIM in the phone at anytime? Did the phone come from O2 on your new contract and was it "new" or "refurbished" ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get the O2 splash screen on start up - just the Samsung Galaxy logo and tune! Factory re-set huh?

Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

PDA I9100BULPG

PHONE """"""P8

CSC I9100VDILPA

BUILD INFO - sept 13 2012

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - posted in error before finished.

it was a new phone allegedly and certainly it seemed so.

I've never put a Vodafone sim in!

Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone has Irish Vodafone firmware on it !!!

A factory reset will do you no good whatsoever. If this came from O2 in the UK, take it back and ask for a genuine UK O2 phone. If it came from somewhere else you can still reflash with UK firmware but you'll have to do it yourself with a programme called Odin.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou so much! I'll get onto it straightaway! I thought it was weird!  I'm very grateful for your help!

Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Be very interested to hear how you get on and the explanation for this one slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 20

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 20