Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 pro

Matthew2761
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone here successfully returned a defective Pixel 6 pro? Mine has the self cracking screen, camera lens cracked by it’s self also and now the screen is pretty much dead. Neither Google or o2 much help when trying to get it repaired. Had enough now, time for it to go and be replaced with something more reliable.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

No problem, @Matthew2761 - seems to be an issue that even Google were unprepared for, given the difficulty in getting a repairer that has the parts to repair the 6 Pro screen generally: https://piunikaweb.com/2022/02/09/several-google-pixel-6-6-pro-owners-reporting-screen-cracking-rand...

Sounds like a case of shopping around until you find a repair shop that will take it on, as Google is classifying a screen break as nonhwarranty repair. My 4a has another 3 months before I can renew, I am watching the 6a closely...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Matthew2761
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately not. It just directs me to my local EE store, who are the authorised repair centre here. Called in with them previously and because of cracked screen they wouldn’t accept it as a warranty claim. But thank you for your suggestion

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

No problem, @Matthew2761 - seems to be an issue that even Google were unprepared for, given the difficulty in getting a repairer that has the parts to repair the 6 Pro screen generally: https://piunikaweb.com/2022/02/09/several-google-pixel-6-6-pro-owners-reporting-screen-cracking-rand...

Sounds like a case of shopping around until you find a repair shop that will take it on, as Google is classifying a screen break as nonhwarranty repair. My 4a has another 3 months before I can renew, I am watching the 6a closely...

Message 4 of 4