Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't charge

Manski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need help I have recently got a phone from my parents it's the samsung galaxy a12 and the other day I have dropped it in water. It was working fine until today I woke up and saw that my phone was not charging. If I tell them at this they will be mad does anyone know what I can do. And does o2 do quick repairs for free or somewhere.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Manski 

Water damage is terminal and not repairable as it effects so many different parts of the phone.

You can try putting it in a bag of rice and keeping it somewhere warm for a week. This is your only chance other than buying a new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Manski 

Water damage is terminal and not repairable as it effects so many different parts of the phone.

You can try putting it in a bag of rice and keeping it somewhere warm for a week. This is your only chance other than buying a new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Keeth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's Hard to tell how much moisture is inside the unit but one of the best ways to draw out small amounts of moisture is to place your phone in a cotton sock and place the sock in a bowl surrounded in cat litter for a few days which really does dry things out as that's what it is for.

It may be too late on this occasion but on a side note you can also use cat litter in a tied up cotton sock to keep your car windows from misting up in winter.

Place it under the front seat and watch how it works after a few days.

You may be pleasently surprised.

Keeth.

Message 3 of 3