cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone registered with Samsung as Grey but the phone was sold to me as black - s8 like new

DazzaWolves
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So i booked my phone in with samsung repair to get the screen fixed which was cracked.

The cost was £254, they came today but werent able to repair the phone as the details i provided them (the IME number which is the one thats on my mobile) stated the phone was Orchid Grey but when i ordered the refurbished phone from o2 it was advertised as Midnight Black like new model.

They couldnt do the repair because it would break Samsung repair guidelines and i would have to get the fingerprint scanner replaced aswell for an additional £49.

I spoken to o2 who were useless and just said i should have gone to o2 repair and pay the same price but not have my phone for 3 - 5 working days and the phone is black (which yes it is but originally it was a orchid grey and has been modified to the midnight black trim) and Samsung said they couldnt offer anything to fix the matter.

The problem i have is Samsung Repair automatically refunded the money after they couldnt fix the device but deduded the call out fee of £59.99 and i feel that i shouldnt have to pay that due the fact i ordered a midnight black model and wasnt told it was orginally a orchid grey model.

Has anyone else had the same problem or can give me advice im at a loss here after being on the phone for 4 hours going around in circles.

Thanks

Daz

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122843 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@DazzaWolves 

I haven't seen this issue before though can see where it would be a problem with Samsung regarding the differing IMEI numbers.

If it's not fixed then you have a couple of options:

Return it to O2 for them to repair OR

Take it to a a mobile phone repair shop and ask them for a quote to repair it. Go with the  quickest if you are unable to be without your phone for any length of time.  

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144212 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@DazzaWolves 

I can't understand why Samsung won't complete the repair.

Assuming the phone was a certified refurbished device from O2 they shouldn't have a problem as the colour makes no difference to the repair.

Have you got a receipt from O2 showing the status of the phone, the colour as supplied to you and the IMEI number.? Get this and try Samsung again.

If not, I see no alternative but for O2 to replace the phone as Samsung are basically saying that they provided you a blackmarket device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @DazzaWolves ,

How are you getting on this week? Have you made any progress since you last posted or are you still stuck with this?

Message 4 of 4