Did you mean: 

Phone has no connectivity outside of wifi

Kerrie_Higgins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have had a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for a while now. Love the phone, its a great phone. However I have started having connectivity issues with my phone. Unless I am in a WiFi area and have WiFi calling turned on, the phone becomes useless for calls and connecting with people. 

As soon as I am off the WiFi my SIM status changes to:

Network - unknown

Mobile network state - disconnected 

Service state - no service 

IMS registration status - not registered 

Mobile network data type - unknown. 

When I turn WiFi and WiFi calling back on it all goes back to normal except for mobile network state which is permanently disconnected.

I have tried everyone online has suggested. I have restarted the phone, reinserted the SIM card, reset the network and APN settings. I have even changed the SIM card and put it into a different phone and still the same so I know it isn't a hardware issue or a SIM card issue as both have been changed. 

I tried talking to o2 but they said it was because a mast was down that day (its been like this for months) and maybe I needed to change the SIM card (already done that). 

Does anyone have any ideas. At the moment I don't want to stay with o2, want to change and start again, but they want nearly £500 to cancel my contract...even though I get no connectivity or use out of the phone if I'm outside of WiFi. 

Thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23353 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3718 Solutions

@Kerrie_Higgins Have you asked Samsung? Product Help & Support | Samsung UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Kerrie_Higgins
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

No I haven't asked Samsung yet, as I believed it to be an issue with my o2 account rather than a hardware issue given that I have tried on more than one phone. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145797 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Kerrie_Higgins 

Have you checked for issues here O2 Service Status ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 8

Kerrie_Higgins
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes checked that, a lot of people I work with are o2 and they have no issues. This has been an ongoing issue for around 6 months now. 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145797 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Kerrie_Higgins 

Has to be an account issue then or your phone is barred.

You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

Your IMEI can be checked here CheckMEND The world's most comprehensive device check

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 7008 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@Kerrie_Higgins 

You could get a PAYG SIM from another network and try that in your handset ; if it works OK, you will at least know that it is not a hardware issue.  

Message 7 of 8

Ofelas
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I had the same issue. Finally got a solution after 3 months.

Very inconvenient, but I got O2 to disconnect then reconnect my number.

So far it seems to be working perfectly again.

Message 8 of 8