Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA updates for Pixel 2 XL

hayw77
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

On the Google Pixel Community Boards, it seems that UK owners of the Pixel 2 XL who use O2 are not able to receive security patch updates OTA, without removing the sim and doing a factory reset each time. Apparently no such problems with EE. Anyone here experiencing the same issue?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

ianh
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Chris_K, still no update for me but a few O2 customers are reporting that they've got the update on the Google forum here that they've now received the update.

Message 21 of 23

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@ianh wrote:

Hi @Chris_K, still no update for me but a few O2 customers are reporting that they've got the update on the Google forum here that they've now received the update.

Thanks for the info/update Ian. Great to see some O2 customers see this update - it's common for vendors (Google/Samsung/HTC etc) to 'roll out' updates, sometimes maybe aiming for a 25% saturation rate the first day and then ramping up. I don't have access to this saturation/roll-out plan (that's typically decided entirely by the vendor) but generally speaking, most software roll-outs reach 100% saturation within a few days to a week.

If any O2 customer doesn't have the update yet, I suspect you should see it become available within the next few days.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 22 of 23

hayw77
  • 33 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi Chris

Thanks for all your help with this issue which has now been resolved satisfactorily from my perspective.

Many thanks

Colin

@Chris_K wrote:

More info
More info

@ianh wrote:

Thanks for the info/update Ian. Great to see some O2 customers see this update - it's common for vendors (Google/Samsung/HTC etc) to 'roll out' updates, sometimes maybe aiming for a 25% saturation rate the first day and then ramping up. I don't have access to this saturation/roll-out plan (that's typically decided entirely by the vendor) but generally speaking, most software roll-outs reach 100% saturation within a few days to a week.

If any O2 customer doesn't have the update yet, I suspect you should see it become available within the next few days.

Message 23 of 23