cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 CS say phone isn't latched, phone says it is. Help!

Quadrophenia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

My friend, an O2 customer of some years was lucky enough to bag himself one of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro's recently and kindly passed on his S7 Edge to me. Of course, it's networked locked to 02 and I'm with 3. So, he calls O2 CS and they tell him oh, that phone is already unlatched - he explains it isn't and they say no probs, he'll get an email within 7 days with a SIM network unlock PIN (which the phone is asking for when I put my 3 SIM in).

Only a couple of days later, he email arrives saying no worries, that phone is already unlatched. So he calls O2 CS again.
Rinse and repeat x 4 (so far).

CS rep says phone is already unlatched, he explains it isn't they say OK we'll send you an email in 7 days with an unlatching code. Email says:

CASE REF. 1070771823

** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE **
Hi, 
Your device is already unlatched so an unlatching code will not be needed.
Thank you,
O2 Customer Service.

Can CS reach out and lend us a hand? I've tried a Virgin SIM in it and it's still locked. An O2 SIM works just fine. Pic attached.

I have an O2 business contract phone if that helps any, with me not being the owner of the initial account.
Thanks!

Screenshot_20190118-173227_Nova Launcher.jpg

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Quadrophenia how to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Could be the wrong IMEI being checked I guess but @EmilieT might be able to help further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there @MI5
I take it my friend needs to fill in the online form and I can't do it?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Quadrophenia you can do it but you will need to use your friends details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I see.
No, I was hoping to do it for myself and to save him the hassle. If it's he that needs to do it then we'll try and work something out. I'm just bugging him, that's all. And he's tried a good few times to get it sorted.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Quadrophenia you could get an O2 PAYG SIM and do it yourself with those details.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 - I have an working, real honest to goodness O2 business contract SIM?
I don't have an account or anything though as it's just a work phone. I don't get bills or have anything I do online with it. I just use it.
Any use?
Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You could try it but you'd need the account security answers.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well, that's a non-starter then. I don't have any details whatsoever. Just the phone and the SIM.
Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It’s either your mate or the PAYG option then.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22