cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service/Not Registered on Network/Blacklisted?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I posted on here a few months back and have been in contact with Toby (from o2 forum). Basically, I received a Samsung s6 edge to review back in June of this year. Cut a long story short, I fell ill for nearly a month! and because the device wasn't returned, o2 had a blacklist put on it ( I think). Obviously, I had no quarrels with this and as soon as I was able to return to my laptop, I emailed the PR group who deals with o2 PR. I explained the reason why I hadn't returned any emails or the device, and to which I was told, "o2 will allow you to keep the phone in good gesture, and hope you get better soon". I was very extremely thankful for this as I did state that I would send the phone back the next day!. Anyway, after a few days, I was ready to review the phone until I realized it had "no service". I tried making a call but it said "Not registered on network. I thought I'd try another sim in case it was that but still received the same message. I also tried manually changing the network operator to o2, but just came back as "no service" or "failed to connect". The sim worked perfectly on my other mobile. Basically, I got in contact with o2 whom then contacted the PR group to confirm the details. I was then told that the phone wasn't blacklisted, but the sim card was blocked. I messaged the PR group back stating that it was the IMEI as it states it here: http://www.imeipro.info/report.html?token=897a0fb1356541d5afae4b32a98262f2 Sorry for the long explanation, just thought it might need the full picture. It wouldn't really bother me too much as I was lucky to get the phone in the first place, but it would make life easier when reviewing it not to have to explain why the phone's blacklisted... Any advice on this matter as Toby seems to be away? BTW, Thanks for all the hep Toby!! been very helpful with this tricky matter!! Thanks slight_smile
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
@Toby is back today, so as he has been dealing with it so far it's best to leave it to him.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

As said, Toby will deal with it. However, I found it interesting to read what could happen if a phone is not returned after a TTT review...Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, that's great. Thanks for letting me know. I didn't really want to disturb him as he's helped me quite a lot recently! Cheers.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I know, I've never, ever returned a device late before. Obviously it was out of my hand on this occasion though. Cheers
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hope all is well with yourself now. Your health is much more important than any phone but I'm sure @Toby will turn his attend to it today, after all, he's been lazing around playing games for a week.....LOL

Message 6 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'll answer your PM asap today :).

FYI guys, this was not a Try The Tech device, but a separate process.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank Toby slight_smile I didn't want to disturb you in case you were on holiday. Sorry, I just realized someone stated TTT, which it isn't slight_smile Thanks!
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ah ok I think we all assumed it was ttt so special circumstances merit special help.

Message 9 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
This the same one from July?
Personally I'd just enjoy it as a WiFi device as it was a freebie
Message 10 of 10