cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S5, no network coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just upgraded my phone to an S5 and had a new SIM as it said I had to swap it due to it being a 4G phone. However my old phone/SIM now has switched off and my new phone doesnt work. When I try to send messages or call someone I have the no network coverage message, I've gone into settings and looked all over the help guide on the O2 site but nothing works.

I need to use my ASAP as I use it for work as well but I'm geting no reponse from O2 customer service etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and checkign their netowkr coverage for 4G says its not in my area when I enter my postcode but it said it was fine when I purchased the upgrade (which I paid extra for).

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If your old sim is now disconnected then the sim swap process has begun. Have you tried rebooting the phone periodically?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If your old sim is now disconnected then the sim swap process has begun. Have you tried rebooting the phone periodically?

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you do as jonsie says and turn the phone off and on and perhaps remove the sim too to clean it this does not work ,then it is possible theirs a delay or the sim is faulty.

If you can use an 02 powered phone then ring them on 202 or From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p to ensure your accounts ok.

And maybe pop into an O2 high street store and they will perform the sim swap for you if O2 says your accounts ok.

Let's just hope it's a slightly longer delay as this can take up to 24 hours to fully settle.

Nice choice of phone too. slight_smile
Message 3 of 3