cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Spirit Repair issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 
so i went and got myself an LG Spirit 4g on contract. Less than a month into the contract the phone started messing up. When the phone is locked the device seems to stop responding properly to touch gestures (i.e. swipe to unlock) the phone itself is responsive and has not frozen but nevertheless i cannot use it so a reboot is the only option... (annoying when you only want to check which room you're in for a university lecture) anyway that handset was replaced. now the new handset has the exact same issue but since i paid the contract off early O2 have said the phone needs to be sent for repair. But my thought is that if two phones have the exact same issue then surely there isnt a fault with that phone, but a fault with that line of handsets. I would be grateful for advice as i just want a phone which works, ideally now a different handset...

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you need to send the phone for repair, I suggest you send it to LG directly rather than go through O2. Much more likely that you will get a positive result.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you need to send the phone for repair, I suggest you send it to LG directly rather than go through O2. Much more likely that you will get a positive result.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's probably a software conflict which could be ROM based or it could be caused by an app that you have installed.
The only way to test this is to remove all user apps and see if you still have the problem or not - if not, you need to check the apps as you reinstall them - battery savers are a common cause of these kinds of faults though.
Anyway, your phone is still under warranty, so if it's a ROM issue you need to send it back to LG to be looked at. O2 won't replace a faulty phone outside of 28 days regardless of you paying outright for it or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Personally I would be contacting LG directly http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mobile-phones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4