cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Repair Centre Outcome

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my LG G3 for around 4 months now had a glass screen protector on and a really good case, It got sent in for repair on wednesday as the phone burnt my finger one day as it got extremely hot and then rebooted itself and never worked properly since, I phoned the store where i sent it back to and they have stated that anovo found water damage I have never got water on the phone whatsoever i feel like they have done me over the only water damage which could of happened is if it got wet during transit I have never got the phone wet I have an image of what they found I have searched the web and it looks nothing like what i have found for water damage it looks more like a burn liike it has been doing to my fingers!!!!Phone Repair

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
This news will not shock anyone on here.
Send it to lg.
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Unfortunately 'Water Damage' is one of the classic faults found by Anova. I think they have a list of 4 things they can diagnose....I would ask for the phone back and send it to LG

http://www.lg.com/uk/support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not shocked at all.....
Common lies from Anovo!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am doing so I get it back tomorrow and it is going straight to LG I wish I had looked on here sooner there are so many of the same situations where they have made lies up to people, thank you all for your replies it is much appreciated i will update you on the final outcome!

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good luck with it @Anonymous It certainly wont come back from LG saying it's water damaged wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again funny thing is there is a sticker on the battery and the back of the device which changes colour when it gets wet and it has not changed colour and they have no image that it has, I got a text saying they had recieved it and half an hour later I had an outcome! I will get it sorted and be straight back here when I do Thank you all again!

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I dount Anova would have any idea what that sticker was all about....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous

Sorry to hear about this! If you could, please send me a PM and the team can look into your repair experience to see if anything can be done to improve things.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 12