cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Marshmallow Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've got an LG G3 and I’ve been waiting for an OTA marshmallow update as my handset is still running android 5.0 lollipop. From sources I've found online the update was supposed to some around the start of 2016 but, despite this, I have seen no sign of it. Furthermore, it is possible to get the marshmallow update and manually flash your phone with it instead but this is defiantly not ideal.

I was wondering if anyone has got the update or what time (if at all) we could expect this update to roll around.

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Same question asked here
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-to-install-5-1-on-LG-g3/m-p/965023...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Same question asked here
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-to-install-5-1-on-LG-g3/m-p/965023...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not quite the same, the update on that post is up to android 5.1 but I think 6.0 is a lot bigger. They have started doing it out in the states and I was wondering if it was our turn yet.
I also tried what was in that part and I'm still on 5.0 either way which is annoying but I think that it just begs the question Endon are we even getting the older 5.1 update too!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The process for updating the firmware is the same though, surely?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4