cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with YouTube and Google

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone getting issues with the YouTube and Google app already installed on Android phones?

Almost a week ago, I came to go to the Youtube app and what I see is:

Connection Problem.
com.google.android.youtube.googlemobile.masf.
ConnectionException: 404

About the same time I went to use the default browser (Google)
where the address bar shows this: (I have added (blank) to break the address)

http://(blank)search-results.mobi/?sourceid=6&app=4jTAZJphSwrZvov%2FWPuyBwjaVvS176pQHxxuJnCXYQgdjCTwfN81xZxv16ilW3%2FTp2qbFGZzhWl%2Bh%2BW2MMCwiG9%2FZX5dmziQleVZhpjJLgngFA8UpdiEeGHWRF1TA02kY9tP%2FLQixCfqvTwbKNI%2Fx9MgtaImDihW~

It attempts to look like Google too but with a giant 'Protect your Android from virus!' with a button to turn on virus scanner (needness to say my fingers have not touched!).

and at the bottom of the screen there's © StartApp 2014

If I use the Google widget and enter a search word, the Google address bar momentarily shows http://search-results

I've sort of got around the Google problem by downloading Maxthon browser and chosing Google as my search engine. No trace of this apparently rogue address.

I know this is two questions, but both happened around the same time and are google apps.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Download Flash from the archive

Make sure you scroll down the page to get to "Flash Player 11.1 for Android 2.x and 3.x"

This should at least allow you to view youtube in the stock android browser (not Chrome).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a new one on me and 'Tony' from Google!

It adds to the database of already identified devices.

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Download Flash from the archive

Make sure you scroll down the page to get to "Flash Player 11.1 for Android 2.x and 3.x"

This should at least allow you to view youtube in the stock android browser (not Chrome).

OK I think I have the right download, but when I come to open it from the downloads, there's something called a Parse Error. ??

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might have been overlooked, but I know the stock youtube app on Android 2.x was garbage. Have you tried installing the latest Youtube App from the Play store?

Message 14 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

OK I think I have the right download, but when I come to open it from the downloads, there's something called a Parse Error. ??

Wrong version for your firmware.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wrong version for your firmware.

I have tried the oldest and newest Flash Player for Android 2.x and 3.x (versions 11.1.102.59 and 11.1.111.73). Same problem

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This might have been overlooked, but I know the stock youtube app on Android 2.x was garbage. Have you tried installing the latest Youtube App from the Play store?

The Youtube app from Play store is not compatible with my device, unfortunately.

Have just seen this on the Google Product forums:

Hey everyone,

We're aware of playback errors when attempting to play YouTube videos via the app or m.youtube.com on Android devices running Eclair (version 2.1). We'll keep you posted with any new updates in this thread.

Thanks,
-ytDangler

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Youtube app from Play store is not compatible with my device, unfortunately.

Ah well, was just a thought!

@Anonymous wrote:

Have just seen this on the Google Product forums:

Hey everyone,

We're aware of playback errors when attempting to play YouTube videos via the app or m.youtube.com on Android devices running Eclair (version 2.1). We'll keep you posted with any new updates in this thread.

Thanks,
-ytDangler

Well at least you're getting somewhere now...and you know its not just you thats having the problem! slight_smile
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

Thanks,
-ytDangle

---------------------------------------

Amazing what happens when you talk to Google!

Fingers crossed for a fix
Message 19 of 19