cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotmail email on my Samsung S2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi please can anyone help. My phone was constantly glitching with car mode and voice control and was sent away by o2 for repair. The phone came back yesterday and as it had been reset all things like apps and email had to be redone. I have hotmail and went to email to input my account. This appeared to have worked yesterday however i turned the phone number on this morning and no new emails yet i had 10 on my laptop. As my phone was upgraded from gingerbread to ICS when away i am unable to navigate around the menus as well and cannot find anywhere to check my email detail. cant even delete the email account and start again. Anyone advise please.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

As suggested best to use the dedicated app,  not sure if the link above is the same but download the    Outlook.com    app and all will be well

I did this yesterday on an S3mini and once logged in it was fine and has been downloading the Hotmail ok since then.  Likewise on the GMail account with that app too

I dont use the Mail account as I want to be able to access mail independantly and have not had problems using the apps

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

after googling i have managed to delete the account and reset it. not sure what sync account is, came up with 3 days as standard but had options for one day, 3 days, 1 week and 1 month. Emails have appeared again now i have re-entered my hotmail details but wonder if it will be the same tomorrow when i turn my phone on in the morning?? Has anybody else had these problems??

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's best to use the dedicated app for hotmail https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

the guru in the o2 shop told me not to use the app but to have it through the email icon on the phone!! Thought it would be too good to be true. have had nothing but trouble with this pone in the last month. Have just reinstalled my email account and it looked like it was ok. then i sent a test email from my laptop to myself and nothing. Open my email and it is constantly showing thje loading circle and message loading messages 1/2 at the bottom of the screen. been running for 10 mins now. May ahave to do what you say and downlaod the app from play store for hotmail. soo annoying though when the phone had been working fine on email until its repair.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

As suggested best to use the dedicated app,  not sure if the link above is the same but download the    Outlook.com    app and all will be well

I did this yesterday on an S3mini and once logged in it was fine and has been downloading the Hotmail ok since then.  Likewise on the GMail account with that app too

I dont use the Mail account as I want to be able to access mail independantly and have not had problems using the apps

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will gove it a go. complete novice here. is the outlook app the same as the hotmail app?/ I know that on my laptop when i sign into hotmail it is advertising upgrading to outlook.com but i havent done that as yet. Thanks for the advice.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 7