cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High battery consumption since 5.1.1 system update S6 Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

For some reason I'm getting very heavy battery consumption since a system update to 5.1.1 a few days ago, it drops from 100% to 61% in 6 hours while I'm sleeping and it seems to take longer to charge.

If I check Battery Usage it tells me that the Clock and Weather app I use is the culprit but nothing has changed there. Anybody else notice a similar problem?

I'm fairly disappointed with this phone to be honest, poor wifi, data and phone signal reception - even when I'm at home the wifi is very slow when I go upstairs and if I go to my workshop in the garden it switches to Data even though I'm only 50ft from my router! I also have to keep manually switching from 4G to 3G when I'm out and about to get a phone signal and in many places where I had good Data reception with my HTC One it's non existent with the S6.

It also keeps getting very laggy and slow to respond, shouldn't have to keep rebooting the phone every other day.

Are there any fixes for these problems?

T.I.A.

Ron

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143184 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You can do it from the Settings menu but I prefer to do it from the recovery menu, which is accessed by turning the phone off and then holding vol up + power together for about 10 seconds.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122119 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

One of our members @viridis has the S6 Edge and he has high praise for the phone. I know he only gets 1 days usage out of his battery....but  expects that. I have mentioned him in this post and am hoping he will be along to comment further...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm familiar with smart phones so I'm used to their higher than normal battery consumption but this is really abnormal! I'm used to seeing a 10 or 15% drop overnight when the phone isn't being used but this is now 39% in 6 hours since the update to 5.1.1

Maybe viridis will have some advice.

Cheers,

Ron

Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122119 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

I have given @viridis a 'nudge' ...hoopefully he will be along soon...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
39% while sleeping is very abnormal tbh.
I'd be inclined to remove the weather widget for a night and see what it does.
I'd probably try a repair installation on smart-switch tbh.
Somethings not right .
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi viridis,

Thanks for responding, I've uninstalled my clock/weather widget but it never gave me any problems before. Where can I find Smart Switch to run a repair?

Thanks,

Ron

Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122119 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You can download smartswitch using this link

http://www.samsung.com/uk/smart-switch/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but I don't have any data to transfer?

Message 8 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Get the pc version from that link, then when installed on pc, you go to the settings and reinitialise firmware.
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Message 10 of 20