cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Samsung s2 music - can't find it - please help...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  I have transferred a cd album onto my phone.  I know it is there as i can find it in my files and use as an alarm tone.  However when i use my music player it isn't showing.  Can anyone help me find it in music player please?  Everything is factory setting - i haven't messe about with anything.  Thank you for your assitance.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, go into settings >manage applications >all and find the music app in the list. Open it and select clear data and/or clear cache then reboot phone again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you rebooted the phone since transferring the album?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - unfortunately still not showing though

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, go into settings >manage applications >all and find the music app in the list. Open it and select clear data and/or clear cache then reboot phone again.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Won't that delete all the music i have stored there? 

Thanks for the help by the way 🙂

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, its just the links that the app uses to find music on your phone. If you remove all the links and then restart the phone it will force a rescan of the system for all music files.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6