cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphones Sony Z1 Compact

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having just switched from an Iphone to a Sony my old headphones (Skull Candy) will unfortunately not control the volume.  I can skip tracks but the volume won't work.  Looking for recommendations for some compatible headphones (with mic/controller).  What do you use?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Whatever you buy make sure you buy the Android version and they should work.
I have a pair of Skull Candy earphones that work fine with my Android devices.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5.  Do you happen to know which model?  I have a pair of 50/50s but they won't control the volume.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
They are an old set now which I don't think they make any more, Holua, I think, but that said the specific Android variant of any model should work.
The issue is with the position of the ground wire within the plug as it is grounded differently between iPhone and Android (unless its a Galaxy S3) - standard, listen only earphones will work fine on either system but if you want mic and volume controls you got to make sure the plug is wired correctly.
I think you used to be able to get a changeover plug that went between headset & phone to convert the wiring but not sure if they were too popular....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't you use the headphones that came with the phone
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

No they don't have a volume control.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Monster Turbines.